Product range information:
LEDs are constant current devices. If the power supply used is constant voltage the LED will gradually increase its current draw as it heats up, to the point that the heat build up destroys the LED. For this reason, LEDs must be supplied with a constant current, from a constant current power supply (also called LED driver).
LedRise offers a compressive range of constant current power supplies from high quality producers as Mean Well, Arditi, Eaglerise or Lumitronix. You will surely find the best choice for your project, big or small, from our offer of over 50 LED drivers.
How to find the right driver for you:
LED drivers can be used to power single LEDs, strings of LEDs connected in series, some LED strips or LED arrays.
At the “Tech Specs” section above you will find all relevant information about this driver, including a technical file in pdf form (if it is provided by the manufacturer). You may also ask us to assist you at email@example.com
Single LED connection:
LED Series connection:
- Do not connect a string of LEDs at a higher voltage than the summed up value of each LED in the string. Doing so will destroy the LEDs.
- Do not connect a LED driver to a string of LEDs than has a higher summed up voltage than the one supported by the driver. Doing so can damage the Driver.
- Do not connect different LED types in one string.
- Drive a single LED only with a driver that can supply such a low voltage. A 350 mA driver with minimum 9V output will destroy a single LED of 3V connected to it!
- We offer at least 2 years warranty for all drivers in our offer
- You should install the driver in a well ventilated area
- A waterproof driver is not submersible. Never submerge it in water!
- LedRise strongly recommends the use of qualified personnel to install LED driver supply with the exception of the plug and play kind
- Do not install a LED driver in places where children or other unauthorized personnel can reach them, especially the open case versions!
- Never load the power supply beyond 95% of its capacity
- If it is not specified the driver is not dimmable. Do not install a non dimmable power supply on any kind of dimmers
- For a dimmable power supply you will find the datasheet the type of dimming possible.
- Mean Well and Lumitronix drivers can usually be shipped within our standard delivery time.
- Arditi power supplies, except those in stock, are typically for projects and have a ship time of up to 3 weeks.